Thursday, October 16
Thing 13 Productivity tools
I just finished my iGoogle homepage. Very easy to use and I even found a couple of English class widgets for Dictionary and Grammar. Lots of choices, especiially for theme! I put my Google reader on it, but would like links for my regular email and blog. Now I know how so many kids have their own homepage!
I tried out Pageflakes. It didn't have near as many options. The To DO List can send you reminders, which is neat. But the choices it has for things weren't really what I can get into unless I want 10 cartoons on my page. Even there, tho it does have many cartoons to choose from, I'd never heard of most of them. I ended up deciding not to save my page. It sent me 2 email reminders I had set up. does that mean my page is still there?
MyYahoo! was a disappointment. I expected it to be more like iGoogle. I never did find where it downloaded the widget I tried to add. It had very few themes of other options that I liked. Two things I did like were that two news sources were "local" being from the Fargo paper and WCCO, and that I was able to add my flickr account. it did not let me pick which pictures I had on it and I suppose I have to sign in each time, but it was still a nice touch. I also like the Britannica news. it had really interesting things on it that were videos. I did save this one.
I could only get one of the calendar sites to download and be a calendar, and it cost money.
Ta-da list is very simple and easy to use. I created two lists. Remember the Milk had several things you could do with your lists. It looked really neat, but I lack the energy or need to create a file there. With all the these, it is interesting to see how we are going our own way, inviting people along for the ride, and yet getting more and more organized as we do so. I am having problems imagining the office worker of the future. Will they stay at home and actually work for several companies, depending on where they are in the Internet at the moment?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment